Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pattern Report: Kwik Sew 3633, long sleeve color blocked knit dress

Kwik Sew 3633
Pattern Description: Pullover dress


Pattern Sizing: XS-S-M-L-XL 
I cut an XS on top and tapered down to between a small and a medium on the bottom

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes.


Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes.


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love the look of color block! I wanted a fall dress and I made this long sleeve, perfect for transition weather.

I had difficulty attaching the top to the skirt. The seam kept stretching and coming out more textured than I like.


Fabric Used: Cotton interlock from Hancock Fabrics


Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: None


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? 
I will not sew this again. I was never completely pleased with the cross seam joining the color block.


Conclusion: OK pattern, but did not work for me. Photos to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment