Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pattern Report: Kwik Sew 3658, blue knit top

Kwik Sew 3658
I saw this pattern on patternreview. Marjoriekh's review particularly intrigued me. I loved what she did in her one pattern, many dress entry.


Pattern Description: Kwik Sew 3658 Misses' Dress & Top

Pattern Sizing: XS-S-M-L-XL 
I cut an XS and tapered to a M. The dress was small....something that has never before happened to me in a Kwik Sew or other pattern....but it fit my daughter perfectly.

Kwik Sew 3658
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes.


Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes.


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I like the shape of the pattern. The top is nice and the double layer from the facing makes the top well suited for fall.


Fabric Used: Cotton interlock from Hancock Fabrics


Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I made a lettuce hem to the top and sleeves to create a more youthful look for my daughter.


On the advice of PR reviews, I stitched the neckline 1-inch higher than called for in the pattern. ... and I was glad I did so. Thanks PR!!


Kwik Sew 3658
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes, I may make the dress. I recommend it, but read the reviews on PR, there are good tips.


Conclusion: I enjoyed this pattern and my daughter was thrilled with the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment