Friday, September 23, 2011

Pattern Report: Butterick 5211, silk panel dress

Butterick 5211
I bought some fantastic colorful silk fabric with a distinctive panel.  The fabric was expensive so I bought only two yards. The fabric demanded a simple dress design to take best advantage of the luscious material. Butterick 5211 was just the ticket.


Pattern Description: Fast & Easy, Misses' Dress and Belt

Pattern Sizing: BB, 8, 10, 12, 14
I cut a size 8 on the top and then tapered down to a size 12.


Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes!


Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes.


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I was using a very expensive panel silk and I wanted a simple pattern that showed off the panel but that I could cut using only two yards of fabric.


Fabric Used:
A really yummy red panel silk from Exquisite Fabrics in Georgetown.


Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: 
I cut the back on the fold to take advantage of the panel.


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes I will likely sew it again and I highly recommend this pattern. It is a simple pattern that shows off prints and was especially good for a print panel.


Conclusion: B5211 is a great pattern. I will likely use it again and I highly recommend it. Photos to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment