Sunday, September 11, 2011

Pattern Report: Kwik Sew 3739, zebra fleece coat

Kwik Sew 3739
I found some zebra fleece in the bargain bin at Hancock Fabrics. I could not decide if it was fabulous or not, but at $3 a yard I purchased it to use as a "muslin" for new fleece patterns.

Then the fall catalogs began to arrive. After seeing the Sonia Rykiel animal print coat at Bloomingdales and the Chloe python print coat and the Roberto Cavalli jaguar print caftan at Bergdorf Goodmans, I decided my zebra print was a real score.

Kwik Sew 3739
Still, I had a hard time deciding what to do with this zebra fleece fabric. The hunt was on and I found my inspiration at Neiman's with the Brushstroke-Print Cashmere Cardigan. The shape looked a lot like the Kwik Sew 3379, version B but I also liked the shape of Kwik Sew 3096. ..... but neither pattern was available at my local store, so instead I made Kwik Sew 3739.

Pattern Description: Kwik Sew 3739 Coats

Pattern Sizing: XS-S-M-L-XL 
I cut an XS on top tapered to a S on bottom. 

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes


Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? 
This pattern was more sack like than I expected. It is better suited as a robe or a "house coat" than a coat.

Fabric Used: Fleece from Hancock Fabrics


Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: None

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Perhaps. It is nice for cold days, while watching TV.


Conclusion: Pattern OK, but not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment