Monday, September 12, 2011

Pattern Report: Kwik Sew 3085, rainbow fleece jacket

Kwik Sew 3085
Pattern Description: Kwik Sew 3085 Misses' Jackets


Pattern Sizing: XS-S-M-L-XL

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes.


Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, very.


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
The pattern was huge. I made an XS and it was still quite large.

Fabric Used: Fleece on sale for $3/yard from Hancock Fabrics


Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: None
This was a wearable muslin made with inexpensive fleece. If I make this pattern again I will need to narrow the shoulders and shorten the entire length of the jacket.


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I made this jacket for my daughter who liked it even though it did not fit as well as I wanted. I may sew it again, but I was disappointed at how off the sizing was on this pattern (compared to other Kwik Sew patterns).

Conclusion: 
Pattern OK, but unsure if I will use again

No comments:

Post a Comment