Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pattern Report: Kwik Sew 3225 Dress

Kwik Sew 3225
Yesterday I finished making Kwik Sew 3225. I am not sure how I feel about this dress. On the hanger, it looks really cute. I am very pleased with the decorative stitching I added to the yoke of the dress in lieu of top stitching.
Decorative stitching at yoke

The problem with the dress is the way the sides sag. Sometimes the sagging is just unsightly. Sometimes the sagging reveals bra. Not a pretty look. I added snaps to help deal with the issue, but the snaps caused the dress to lay funny.

I've decided the pattern may work, but just not for me. Bummer. I really liked the look of the dress on the pattern envelope and on the hanger. On me, not so much.

Reference
"Easy Sewing the KWIK SEW Way"; Kerstin Martensson; 2002.

Pattern
Kwik Sew 3225

No comments:

Post a Comment