Wednesday, June 8, 2016

KwikSew 3766 & Simplicity 2314





It is summer and I really, really wanted a new top and skirt to wear around town
KS3766and S2314 fit the bill. The skirt was made with less than a yard of fabric and the top took under an hour to sew.  Both were made from scraps in my fabric stash. In short, I had a low cost outfit that I made in less time than it would take to go to the mall and shop.

Below are the reviews from PatternReview:
Simplicity 2314 Pattern Description:
Learn to Sew

Pattern Sizing:
I cut a 14 but removed 1 inch from the sides; the next time I will cut an 8. For reference, my measurements today are 34-28-37

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow?
I did not use them

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I used only 1 yard of fabric!

Fabric Used:
Quilting Cotton from my stash. Yes, I know the controversy about quilting cotton for cloths... but it is less expensive than muslin and a nice bottom weight.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I added top stitching to all seams.



Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes. This is a cute basic pattern. Different fabrics will give different looks.

Conclusion:
Great pattern to use when you have limited fabric.


KwikSew3766 Pattern Description:
Close fitting pull-over tops

Pattern Sizing:
I cut a size small, but adjusted the shoulders to an XS.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes.

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love the old KS patterns that use heavy paper, not tissue paper.

Fabric Used:
Cotton interlock

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I shortened the hem for a more modern look.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes. This is one of my TNT patterns.

Conclusion:
Great pattern for T shirt. Easy Kwik Sew instructions.






No comments:

Post a Comment