Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Butterick 5211


 The amazing one hour dress. Below is my review from patternreview:


Butterick 5211 Pattern Description:
Misses' Pullover Dresses and Belt

Pattern Sizing:
I cut an 8. My measurements on the day I sewed the project were 34-27-37.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes.

Were the instructions easy to follow?
I did not use them. This is a very simple pattern.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I used only 1 yard of fabric

Fabric Used:
Rayon jersey.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I omitted facings and used a simple narrow hem on neck, arms & hem. I serge the hem line, arms and neck prior to assembling as a "stay stitch" to control curling and to avoid stretching. I them use the serge stitching to create narrow hem.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes. This was a wearable muslin for more expensive silk.

Conclusion:
Nice, fast pattern. After cutting an adjusting for fit, I was able to sew in under an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment