Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pattern Report: Vogue 8522, purple fleece jacket

Vogue 8522 made with purple fleece
Score! I bought this pattern because I wanted a new fall jacket. I bought some inexpensive purple fleece at Hancock Fabrics to use as a wearable muslin... but my daughter decided she loved the look and so I made Vogue 8522 jacket for her rather than me. This is an easy to make, cute jacket that my daughter wears over dresses. Perfect for fall!



Pattern Description: Jacket with kimono sleeves


Pattern Sizing: 8-16
I made a size 8.


Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? yes.


Were the instructions easy to follow? yes


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

Fabric Used: purple fleece on sale for $3/yard at Hancock Fabrics.


Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: None


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes. This jacket is cute. I would have made one for myself, bu my daughter forbade it...I'll have to wait a year or two, but I will make this jacket for me using a nice wool.


Conclusion: Vogue 8522 is a winner!


Further Reading:
Vogue Revised & Updated
Vogue Sewing; Editors of Vogue & Butterick

No comments:

Post a Comment