Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pattern Report: Kwik Sew 3379, purple fleece blazer

Kwik Sew 3379
Pattern Description: Cardigan

Pattern Sizing: XS-S-M-L-XL 
I made the extra small.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes


Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Although the description is "cardigan," the drawing looked more like an unstructured jacket. I like the shape and the fabric drapes well. I also like the pocket placement!!

The pattern calls for serging the edges for decorative effect. While I liked the look, I had trouble maintaining proper tension and the edges turned out a tad more wavy in places than I preferred.


Fabric Used: Fleece on sale from Hancock Fabrics for $3/yard


Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: None


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I may sew this again. I like the shape, but I think I will finish the next garment in a different manner.

Conclusion: I do recommend this pattern.  It was easy and the finished garment has a nice shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment