Monday, November 7, 2011

Pattern Report: Vogue 8777, Katherine Tilton

This is the first review for a pattern I never made. I bought V8777 because I loved, loved, loved the design. I purchased some really nice wool that I wanted to turn into a vest. I often take out patterns and read the pattern through the evening or so before I begin a new project. Light reading.

This pattern was the first where I was sure something was missing. Often, when a pattern confuses me I assume my inexperience is the problem. That may be the case with this pattern as well, but after shutting off the TV and reading and then re-reading the pattern several times, I still could not make heads or tails out of the instructions.

I turned to patternreview.com for help and saw that V8777 had never been reviewed. Oops. I forgot. When I bought the pattern I knew that there were no reviews. I attributed the lack of review to the simple design....but maybe others found the pattern instructions as confusing as I did.

Vogue pattern 1124 is a Sandra Betzina design with a similar look, so perhaps I will purchase V1124 and give it a try to make my vest.

No comments:

Post a Comment